I just posted my Top 10 Stand-up Comedy Albums from 2009...
10. Paul F. Tompkins, “Freak Wharf” (AST Records) – If I don't include PFT in my Top 10 I fear I'll be banished from AST.
9. Eugene Mirman, “God is a 12-Year Old Boy with Aspergers” (Sub Pop) – He was in Special Ed!!
8. Doug Benson, “Unbalanced Load” (Comedy Central Records) – Pot is funny.
7. Big Jay Oakerson, “An American Storyteller” (Comedy Central Records) – I never get tired of dick jokes.
6. Laurie Kilmartin, “Five Minutes to Myself” (Rooftop Comedy) – She's anal about birth control and being funny.
5. Patton Oswalt, “My Weakness is Strong” (WEA/Reprise) – I both hate these DVD/CD combos, but I'll make an exception for Patton.
4. John Mulaney, “The Top Part” (Comedy Central Records) – Agreed he didn't get the respect he deserves.
3. Matt Braunger, “Soak up the Night” (Comedy Central Records) – I lift weights to Morrissey too.
2. Todd Glass, “Thin Pig” (Comedy Central Records) – Not sure why this hasn't been raved about.
1. Maria Bamford, “Unwanted Thoughts Syndrome” (Comedy Central Records) – Phone messages from the Baby Jesus.
Funniest. Woman. Ever.